Pekin Public Library offers free test proctoring services. Students who need to have a test proctored must coordinate with their institution and the library. The Test Proctor will work with students to schedule a time that works for both people. Contacting the library does not guarantee proctoring will be available; unfortunately, some internet/hardware requirements set by online institutions cannot be met. The Test Proctor will review all institution guidelines to assure compliance before scheduling a testing date. Students who need to have a test proctored are responsible for the following:
- The student must coordinate with their educational institution and the Pekin Library; we are not responsible for determining the requirements for your test nor the materials needed to complete your test.
- The student is responsible for emailing email@example.com with the test requirements (given to the student from the institution of study) along with the requested test date to arrange a time, and assure all necessary paperwork required by the university has been completed. Contact should be made at least 2 weeks prior to testing deadlines.
- The student is required to provide a pre-paid envelope if taking a written test that is to be returned via mail.
- The student is responsible for knowing the test deadlines.
- At the time of testing, the student must provide current photo identification, and the name on the identification must match the name on the testing materials.
- The student must arrive at the appointed time and must provide all of the supplies needed to complete the test, including: headphones, pencil/paper, laptop, etc.
- The Test Proctor will enforce any time limits set on tests and monitor testing as their library duties allow.
- The library is not responsible for the content of tests once the test has been sent to the institution upon completion. The library cannot assume responsibility for completed tests that are not received by the education institution deadline. The student should contact the institution to determine if the completed test was received.
- Tests may only be proctored during Pekin Public Library hours.