Pekin owned materials can be renewed 2 times if no other patrons are waiting (i.e. the item has no “holds” on it.) An item renews for its borrowing time. Items borrowed from other libraries may differ; the number of renewals are set by the library owning the materials.
- Login by entering your library card number and PIN in the RSA Catalog, then go to MY ACCOUNT
- Choose CHECKOUTS, then LIBRARY CHECKOUTS
- Check the boxes next to the item, and select RENEW Any non-renewable items will be shown in red.
RENEW BY iPhone – BOOKMYNE APP:
A free! and convenient app for iPhone, iPad and iTouch ios devices, Bookmyne can be used to renew your items.
RENEW IN PERSON:
Renewals in the library work the same way as checkouts do. Just bring your items to the library checkout desk and place them on our self-serve checkout system pads. Scan your library card. It’s that easy.
RENEW BY PHONE:
During our regular business hours, our library staff can renew your materials over the phone. Please have your library card number available when you call us at 309-347-7111.
RENEW BY TEXT MESSAGE
You can renew with a Text Message* (*using a cell phone with wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.) This service provided by Shoutbomb and RSACAT. With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
- Send a text to renew an item.
- Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines.
Use your Library Card number and PIN to sign up for Shoutbomb through RSACAT.