What to Bring
Welcome!  When applying for your library card, please bring:pekin library card

  • Adult (18 and up)  Valid identification with your current address; OR ID with an old address and another official item showing your correct address (bank statement, utility bill, lease agreement, paycheck stub, etc.) OR two official items verifying a current address
  • Young Adult (14-17) A valid student ID is all any PCHS 303 student needs to get a card
  • Ages 13 and below  Parental ID (no address check) for students from Altman, Broadmoor, CB Smith, Dirksen, Edison, Jefferson, LE Stark, PFEC, Willow, or Wilson.  Any child can get a card with a parent/legal guardian’s proof of a current address which pays library taxes.

What It Costs
Most addresses in Pekin/South Pekin already pay an annual library tax, so there is no additional charge for a card.

Addresses not paying the annual library tax can purchase a card.  Fees are calculated based on your property tax bill.   The library’s tax rate (.23982) is applied towards the “Net Taxable Value” on your tax bill.  Not sure if you pay library tax? Call the library at 309-347-7111  or visit the Tazewell County Assessor website and search for your address. Your property tax bill will list the library as a separate item.

PIN Numbers
You receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN)  with your library card.  With your PIN  you can download E-books , manage your account online (renew books, place holds, etc.), and use library databases from home.  Forgot your PIN?  Give us a call at 309-347-7111

I Don’t Need a New Card, I Just Need to Renew an Expired Card