Any patron may use an age appropriate computer lab – a library card is not required.
Quick Facts Regarding Our Public Computer Labs:
- No library card is needed to use the computers
- Computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis
- Lab is open from 9:00 a.m. until 15 minutes before closing
- Sessions last 60 minutes adults / 30 minutes children
- Youth service computers are for toddlers – 6th graders
- 7th grade to 12th grade use MAC computers in Domain
- 7th grade and above use the PC computer lab in Adult Services
- Print Cost 10¢ /black & white 20¢ /color
- All computer stations include internet access
- Busiest time of the day – 12:00 to 4:00 pm (generally)
- Pekin Public Library Internet Use Policy
- Pekin Public Library can not control the information content available through global resources. Technology protection measures are installed on all of the library’s public computers. These filters are designed to block sites with obscenity or child pornography, or are harmful to minors.
- Filtering software is not a substitute for parental supervision. Parents are expected to monitor and supervise their children’s use of the Internet since the library staff are unable to do so.
- Library patrons must use the Internet within the guidelines of acceptable use. Violation may result in the loss of library privileges, and illegal acts involving the Library’s equipment may be subject to prosecution.