The Youth Services Department is seeking a new member. Position Details / Part Time
Hours: 21 hours a week, mostly days with the possibility of one evening a week.
Salary: 11.50-13.00 depending on qualifications
JOB TITLE: Library Technical Assistant II – Youth Services Department
BASIC JOB FUNCTION: Assists with providing information and materials to the public in a courteous and professional manner. Performs a variety of clerical duties to assist with the organization and implementation of the programs and materials of the Youth Services Department.
- Assists at the Youth Services reference desk with patrons’ phone and walk-in requests for information, materials and research guidance. Aids with readers’ advisory.
- Plans and implements children’s programming
- Helps maintain quiet, safe environment in patron services and lobby area.
- Follows correct procedures for customer service.
- Straightens and shelf reads a specified section of shelves.
- Outreach including, but not limited to schools and special events.
- Resolve customer and or employee concerns and professionally take charge of a situation.
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development, or a combination of some college, relevant library experience, and/or classroom experience working with young children.
- Have the patience, understanding and skill to work with children. Must exhibit creativity, storytelling ability, and a good knowledge of Children’s literature. Experience developing programs for children is required.
- Ability to adapt to library practices and procedures and function well as a team worker.
- Ability to be pleasant and courteous with the public.
- Organizational skills and ability to understand library practices and procedures.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and references. Deadline to apply: Until filled.
Pekin Public Library; 301 South 4th St; Pekin, IL 61554 Attn: Rochelle Marsden
We take applications for page positions year-round, and keep them on file for 6 months. If you are interested in being a library page, please return this application to the library.